Apple TV + received its first Emmy nominations this morning, with nominations for “The Morning Show”, “Central Park”, “Defending Jacob”, “The Elephant Queen” and “The Beastie Boys Story”.
In total, Apple has received well over a dozen Emmy nominations this year. Apple TV + was launched last fall. This is the first time that Apple is eligible to enter the Emmys.
The full list of Emmy nominations can be found on the TV Academy website. We have summarized all of Apple’s nominations in the list below.
“The morning show”
- Best actor in a drama series – Steve Carell
- Best actress in a drama series – Jennifer Aniston
- Outstanding supporting actor in a drama series – Billy Crudup
- Outstanding supporting actor in a drama series – Mark Duplass
- Outstanding guest actor in a drama series – Martin Short
- Excellent direction for a drama series – Mimi Leder
- Excellent main title design
- Outstanding Voice Over Performance for Characters – Leslie Odom Jr.
- Excellent original main title theme music – Olafur Arnalds
- Excellent cinematography for a limited series or film – Jonathan Freeman
“The Queen of Elephants”
- Excellent narrator – Chiwetel Ejiofor
“The Story Of The Beastie Boys”
- Excellent documentary or non-fiction
- Excellent image processing for a non-fiction program
- Excellent sound mix for a factual or reality program
- Excellent writing for a non-fiction program
Yesterday Apple won Daytime Emmys for “Ghostwriter” and “Peanuts in Space: Secrets of Apollo 10”. In total, Apple was nominated for a total of 17 awards, eight of which were given to “ghostwriters” alone.
The final winners of the 72nd Emmy Awards will be announced on ABC on Sunday, September 20.