Home / LifeStyle / Facebook and Twitter are trying to narrow down the NY Post story about Joe Biden’s son

Facebook and Twitter are trying to narrow down the NY Post story about Joe Biden’s son



A Facebook spokesman said Wednesday that the social network is “reducing its circulation” until the story is verified by the company’s fact-checking partners. The spokesman, Andy Stone, said this was “part of our standard process of reducing the spread of misinformation”. When Facebook reduces its circulation, it won’t block a link from being shared, but steps will be taken to make it less visible in users’ newsfeeds and to prevent misinformation from going viral.

A few hours after the story was first published, Twitter took an even more aggressive move: it prevented the URL from being shared in tweets and direct messages. Previously tweeted links now display a warning that “this link may be unsafe”.

In a statement, a Twitter spokesman confirmed the move. “In accordance with our policy on hacked materials and our approach to blocking URLs, we are taking steps to block links to or images of the material in question on Twitter,” said the spokesman, referring to the company’s policy on hacked materials and guidelines Block certain urls.

The warning that now comes up when you try to click through links that were previously shared before Twitter started blocking them.

Screenshot / Twitter

Development…




Source link