Welcome to TNW basics, a collection of tips, instructions and advice on how to get the most out of your gadgets, apps and other things.
When I cook, I often cook something and forget about it until I smell burning. It is not an ideal situation. So I set up short timers on my iPhone or Apple Watch to save them my food from burning down the house. These timers can also be useful for quick power naps or high-intensity workouts.
It only takes a few seconds to set up a timer on both devices. That̵
- Swipe down from the top right edge to open the control center.
- Long press on the timer icon.
- Use the scroll bar to set the timer for the desired duration.
- Tap on Start.
If you want to set a more accurate timer, tap the timer icon to open the clock app.
Alternatively, you can use Siri to set a timer by saying, “Hey Siri, set a timer for five minutes.”
- Push in the digital crown.
- Open the timer app.
- Select one of the preset timers, e.g. B. 1 minute, 3 minutes, 5 minutes.
- Scroll down to set the custom timer and set the duration.
These are some of the fastest ways to set up a timer on your iPhone and Apple Watch. I take a nap.
Read our daily coverage of how the tech industry is responding to the coronavirus and subscribe to our weekly Coronavirus in Context newsletter.
For tips and tricks on working remotely, see our Growth Quarters articles here or follow us Twitter.