The most striking innovation in iOS 13 was the dark design, which has a darker hue on the user interface and in many apps. It's a big difference from the bright white screens I've been using for years, and it's something people have long wanted.
You can manually switch between topics each time through the Control Center or by calling the Settings app. You may want to change it, but thankfully, Apple offers a way to automatically switch the phone between bright and dark, depending on the time of day or cycle between sunset and sunrise switch darkly. This will allow you to create a brighter theme during the day when you are in brightly lit areas, and then a darker theme that is more suitable for use in the evening and at night.
- Make sure your device is running iOS 13 or higher (Settings> General> Software Update on an iPhone 6S, iPad Air 2 or later).
- Open App Settings and navigate to Display & Brightness
- . Activate the automatic setting under Appearance
- . Tap the Options button to set the presentation schedule.
- Choose either Sunset to Sunrise The sun sets or sets your own schedule.
- That's all. Now your phone will automatically change its appearance based on your schedule or the solar cycles.
Vox Media has a subsidiary partnerships. These do not affect the editorial content, although Vox Media may earn commissions on products purchased through affiliate links. For more information, see of our Ethics Policy .