What is the Spotify Sleep Timer for?
Basically, the sleep timer is designed for anyone who sleeps with Spotify on their iOS device and wants to automatically stop playing after falling asleep.
This feature is useful if you do not want your "iPhone" to go through this carefully selected playlist or podcast series when you are not awake to enjoy it. This can also help conserve the battery and possibly the amount of data when you stream over mobile.
Using the Spotify Sleep Timer
Spotify introduces the feature through a software update. Therefore, make sure that you have downloaded the latest version of the Spotify app from the App Store before following these steps. If the feature does not appear in the Spotify app, try again later in the day. By that time, the rollout will hopefully have reached you.
- Launch the Spotify app on your iPhone or iPad.
- Start playing your music or a podcast of your choice.
- Select the "Now Playing" screen so that the graphics and playback controls are at the front and center.
- When listening to music, tap the three dots in the upper right corner of the screen. When you hear a podcast, tap the small moon symbol in the lower right corner.
- Scroll down and select Sleep Timer from the list of displayed options.
- Select a duration for your timer. You can choose from six steps between five minutes and one hour. If you fall asleep quickly, select End of Track or End of Episode .
You can see that the Sleep Timer feature activated by the Moon icon is displayed next to the playback controls. If you have set a timer and you have not fallen asleep yet, you can go back and either tap Timer off or select more time.
If you do not know what to say before you go to sleep, you can quickly get inspired in Spotify's sleep selection of playlists.