iOS 14 is available for iPhone 6S and newer iOS devices. Aside from a slew of new features like choosing your default browser, app library, and picture-in-picture, iPhones running iOS 14 can pin widgets to the home screen as well. The function has been available on Android smartphones for a number of years, but is only available on iPhones with iOS 14. If you want to try the feature, you can do the following:
- Unlock your iPhone and press and hold anywhere on your display. Your phone switches to “wobbly mode”.
- Tap the Plus button in the upper left corner of the display.
- This will take you to the widgets menu. Here you can select the widget that you want to pin to your home screen.
- Widgets currently available include Photos, Notes, Clock, Maps, Calendar, App Suggestions, Tips, Weather, Stocks, Podcasts, Screen Time, Smart Stack, Music, Messages, Notes, Photos, Reminders, Screen Time, Shortcuts, Siri Suggestions , Apple TV and tips.
- When you have selected the widget of your choice, select its size. You currently have three options to choose from: a 3
- Then tap Add widget and place it on your home screen.
WWDC 2020 had many exciting announcements from Apple, but what are the best iOS 14 features for India? We discussed this on Orbital, our weekly technology podcast, which you can subscribe to via Apple Podcasts, Google Podcasts, or RSS, download the episode, or just hit the play button below.
Follow Gadgets 360 on Twitter, Facebook, and Google News for the latest technical news and reviews. Subscribe to our YouTube channel for the latest videos on gadgets and technology.
Facebook doesn’t benefit from hate speech, says India’s boss Ajit Mohan