One of the biggest new features in iOS 14 is the ability to set default browser and email apps. Setting up a default app might not be a big deal if you’re an Android user. However, if you’ve been using an iPhone for years, you’ll understand the importance of this nifty extension that took so long to become available on iOS. Everyone likes options, and after all, being able to choose your preferred browser or email client on iOS is a win-win situation. Follow this guide to learn how to set default browser and email apps in iOS 14.
iOS 14: Set the default browser app
Follow the steps below to set your preferred browser app as the default in iOS 1
- Go to the settings > Use the search bar above to find your browser. Alternatively, you can scroll down and look for the browser in the settings.
- On the next page, tap Standard browser app and set your preferred one as the default.
- Note: if your preferred browser doesn’t show this option, it is likely because the developers haven’t supported this feature yet. It may appear in a future update, but it is currently supported by Google Chrome and Microsoft Edge.
iOS 14: Set the default email app
Follow the steps below to set your preferred email app as the default in iOS 14.
- Go to the settings > Use the search bar at the top to find your email app. Alternatively, you can scroll down and look for the app in the settings.
- On the next page, tap Standard email app and set your preferred one as the default.
We’ll say again that if your favorite email app doesn’t show you the option to set it as default, you need to be patient. All you need to know is that iOS 14 introduced this new feature and most email apps will be making updates to support this shortly.
It’s that easy to set a browser or email app as the default in iOS 14.
For more tutorials, see our How To section.
Is Android One Holding Nokia Smartphones Back in India? We discussed this on Orbital, our weekly technology podcast, which you can subscribe to via Apple Podcasts, Google Podcasts, or RSS, download the episode, or just hit the play button below.
Follow Gadgets 360 on Twitter, Facebook, and Google News for the latest technical news and reviews. Subscribe to our YouTube channel for the latest videos on gadgets and technology.
Realme 7i Live Images interface before launch on September 17th, specifications