iOS 14 will be released in India on September 17th. Apple announced iOS 14 back in June at this year’s WWDC. The main features of iOS 14 include support for widgets, an app library, picture-in-picture (PiP) when making FaceTime calls and much more. This guide will walk you through how to download and install iOS 14 and iPad OS on your compatible iPhone or iPad.
Before starting the process, note that the latest iOS update can be installed on your iPhone or iPad over WiFi or through the Finder on the Mac. Windows users can install the latest software update through iTunes. As always, make sure to take a full backup of your iPhone or iPad before proceeding. Here is the list of compatible iPhone and iPad models that will receive the new update.
List of iPhone and iPad models with iOS 14 and iPadOS 14
The following iPhone models will receive the iOS 14 update:
The following iPad models will receive the latest iPad OS update:
Download and install iOS 14, iPad OS over WiFi
Here’s how to download iOS 14 and iPad OS to your compatible iPhone or iPad. Follow these steps.
- Go to on your iPhone or iPad the settings > General > Software update. This will start checking for updates on your device.
- Tap Download and install.
- Your download will now start. The speed of course depends on how fast your internet connection is. Note that this requires Wi-Fi and cannot be done using a cellular data connection.
- When the download is complete, tap To install.
- Tap Agree when you see Apple’s terms and conditions.
Download and install iOS 14, iPad OS from Finder on Mac
Follow these steps to install iOS 14 and iPad OS on your iPhone or iPad from Finder on Mac.
- Connect your iPhone or iPad to your Mac using the charging cable.
After the phone or tablet profile loads, click Check for update under software.
- Then click on Download and update.
- Follow the instructions on the screen to walk you through the rest of the process.
Download and install iOS 14, iPad OS through iTunes on Windows
Follow these steps to install iOS 14 and iPad OS on your iPhone or iPad through iTunes on Windows.
- If you don’t have iTunes installed on your system, click here to download it. Open after installation iTunes.
- Now connect your iPhone or iPad to your computer using the Lightning cable.
- In iTunes, your device’s icon will appear in the top left. Click on this icon. You may need to unlock your device for the icon to appear.
- click Summary in the left pane in iTunes.
- In the right area you will see a button labeled Check for update. Click on it.
- Then click on Download and update Follow the instructions on the screen to walk you through the rest of the process.
By following these simple steps, you’ll be able to download and install iOS 14 or iPad OS on your compatible iPhone or iPad.
For more tutorials, see our How To section.
Is Android One Holding Nokia Smartphones Back in India? We discussed this on Orbital, our weekly technology podcast, which you can subscribe to via Apple Podcasts, Google Podcasts, or RSS, download the episode, or just hit the play button below.
Follow Gadgets 360 on Twitter, Facebook, and Google News for the latest technical news and reviews. Subscribe to our YouTube channel for the latest videos on gadgets and technology.
Amazon Pay for selling Google Play recharge codes currently available to select users