tech2 News Staff 15. January 2020, 13:51:05 IST
OnePlus has started to introduce the Open Beta 4 update for OnePlus 6 and 6T. The update includes the security patches for December 2019 and some minor software updates. Both devices still need to get the Android 1
As already mentioned, this is the fourth Open Beta update for the two devices. Reported by XDA developers the Android 10 update was stopped for the second time after several errors occurred that led to system instability. To fix this, OnePlus has released an update that also included the November security patch and some improvements.
A reading mode was added for the Open Beta 4 update that was first available on the OnePlus 7T. The chromatic reading mode essentially attenuates the colors on the display to make reading articles easier. It adds a subtle sepia filter instead of making the display black and white. You can find this function in the "Display settings" menu.
The following is the complete change log of the Open Beta 4 update for OnePlus 6 and 6T:
- Optimized details for emergency rescue
- A function has been added Support reminders for data protection notifications
- Improved system stability and fix general bugs
- Updated Android security patch to 2019.12
- Ringtone enhancement and reduction functions for incoming calls added
- New chromatic effect for an even more intense and comfortable reading experience with intelligent color scale and saturation adjustment (Settings – Display – Read mode – Switch on read mode – Chromatic effect)
Only a few Android devices receive the December 2019 security update via a stall channel. This update is not yet available for most OnePlus devices. While Google has already started to release the security update for pixel devices for January 2020.
Find current and upcoming tech gadgets online at Tech2 Gadgets. Get technology news, gadgets reviews and ratings. Popular gadgets, including specifications, features, prices, comparison of laptops, tablets and mobile devices.