The BAFTA Game Awards 2020 were implemented in the ongoing health crisis and crowned Outer Wilds by the independent studio Mobius Digital as the best game.
For the first time in its history, this year's BAFTA Games Awards was a recorded, live streaming matter that was only broadcast online and through the British Academy of Film and Television Arts social media accounts on Facebook, Twitch, Twitter and YouTube was broadcast.
Dara Ó Briain, the moderator of The Event, ensured each nominee had a speech in all categories in case he won – and the biggest winner of the night was Outer Wilds who won the best game awards who won the game design and original ownership.
In Outer Wilds the players take on the role of an extraterrestrial astronaut recruit whose first mission into space was interrupted after 22 minutes because the sun was going into the supernova. Players find that they are trapped in a 22-minute time loop and must uncover the game's secrets within the 22-minute cycles.
The evening also dominated Disco Elysium from another independent studio, ZA / UM. The isometric open world role-playing game with a detective with inner demons has been awarded for debut game, narrative and music.
Control and Death Stranding Game of The Year nominees at the 201
The full The list of winners is as follows:
- Animation – Luigi & # 39; s Mansion 3
- Artistic Achievement – Sayonara Wild Hearts
- Audio Performance – Ape Out
- Best Game – Outer Wilds
- British Game – Observation
- Debut Game – Disco Elysium
- Evolving Game – Path of Exile
- Family – Untitled Game
- Untitled Game Beyond Entertainment – Friendly Words
- Game Design – Outer Wilds
- Multiplayer – Apex Legends
- Music – Disco Elysium
- Narrative – Disco Elysium  Original Property – Outer Wilds
- Performed in a Leading Role – Gonzalo Martin ( Life is Strange 2 )
- Performers in a supporting role – Martti Suosalo ( control )
- Technical performance – Tod Stranding
- EE mobile game of the year (via public vote) – Call of Duty: Mobile
Hideo Kojima receives BAFTA grant
The legendary Japanese video game designer Hideo Kojima, the creator of the The Metal Gear series and most recently Death Stranding was awarded the BAFTA grant, which is the highest honor from the British Academy of Film and Television Arts .
In a video message, Kojima dedicated the performance to his parents, saying that his "determination is stronger than ever".
"For the rest of my life, I will continue to devote myself to creating others," said Kojima. "Games can hold their own alongside films or maybe merge with them and develop into a huge medium of digital entertainment."
Recommendations from the editors