They have just come out of the azurite mine, bloody and full of prey. You're ready to sell the treasures of your last exploration tour, and you get ready to teleport you to a nearby town with a scroll … Unknowingly, the betrayal is just around the corner.
Welcome to Path of Exile: Betrayal, the next expansion for the online action role-playing game from Grinding Gear Games. The update is now live on the PC and will be released on Xbox One on Monday. Looking to the future, when the New Zealand studio Path of Exile on PlayStation 4 launches (it has been postponed). 
Path of Exile was a success for grinding tools. The online version of Diablo's booty-action RPG has been growing on the PC since the 2013 premiere. And it's getting ready for a new audience on PlayStation 4. This is one reason why Tencent acquired a controlling stake in Grinding Gear in May.
Treason focuses on your investigation of the Immortal Syndicate, a mysterious group. They work with Jun Ortoi, a member of the Order of the Djinn. They are worried that the Immortal Syndicate has found a way to bring back the dead … without being undead. When you investigate their 18 members, you put together a police board of suspects (you can even interrogate them if you capture them). Path of Exile offers a new element that goes beyond killing enemies, finding loot, and modifying your equipment.
"It helps you infiltrate the Immortal Syndicate, a mysterious criminal faction. They help her manipulate her ranks, reveal the identities of her members, uncover her shelters and defeat her mastermind, "said a representative of Grinding Gears.
Treason also has several other features:
- Veiled items: members Uniting Drop new items with Veiled Modifiers, which Jun can uncover, once you've uncovered them, you can make the mods for other items, and start upgrading more powerful versions of those features.
- You have new Forsaken Masters who help you – the old group has disappeared (and good players, as many players) felt the expansion was the worst of Path of Exile.) Your masters now include Jun and Niko, the crazy miner of Delve.
- Optimized Mastercrafting: Individual options when you complete certain content, such as an attack room or a Delve encounter. The grinding system has revised every aspect.
- Better hideout system. You can load and save them and share them with all players across all leagues.
- The Atlas of Worlds has four new maps.
- New Skills and Items: This expansion introduces or modifies 10 skills for three core character archetypes and has 15 new unique items (many carry Veiled Mods). There are also five new prophecy cards from parishioners.