The next season of the Pokémon Go Battle League is here, and with it comes some major changes in how progression, rewards, and certain attacks work.
Season four of the Pokémon Go Battle League kicks off September 14th, giving Trainers nearly two months to battle other players from around the world and collect rare and special rewards.
This is also the best place to test your combat skills Pokémon Go. While Mega Evolution isn’t allowed this time around, there are plenty of new ways to fight Pokémon Go this time.
Newsweek Subscription Offers>
POKEMON GO BATTLE LEAGUE SEASON 4 SCHEDULE
As in previous seasons, the fourth season of the Pokémon Go Battle League begins on September 14 with The Great League, followed by the Ultra and Master League. Each league will last two weeks.
- The Great League runs from Monday, September 14 at 4 p.m. EST through Monday, September 28 at 4 p.m. EST.
- The Ultra League and its Premier Cup will run from Monday, September 28 at 4 p.m. to Monday, October 12, at 4 p.m. EST. This Premier Cup has a limit of 2,500 CP.
- The Master League and Premier Cup will run from Monday, October 12 at 4 p.m. EST to Monday, October 26 at 4 p.m. EST. This Premier Cup has no CP limit.
After the three leagues, a brand new Halloween Cup comes into effect. Only Poison, Ghost, Bug, Dark, and Fairy-type Pokémon are allowed during this special tournament. Plus, you can earn rewards with Bulbasaur, Charmander, and Squirtle, all of whom are wearing Halloween costumes. The Halloween Cup has a limit of 1,500 CP.
Newsweek Subscription Offers>
- The brand new Halloween Cup will run from Monday, October 26th at 4pm EST through Tuesday, November 3rd at 4pm EST.
- All three leagues and the Premier Cup (no CP limit) will be available from Tuesday, November 3 at 4 p.m. to Monday, November 9 at 4 p.m. EST.
- Season 5 begins Monday, November 9th at 4 p.m. EST.
POKEMON GO BATTLE LEAGUE SEASON 4 REWARDS
Trainers looking for new Pokémon and Avatar items will find that many of the Season 4 rewards remain the same.
- The Pikachu Libre-inspired Avatar items will continue to reward Rank 7.
- The Avatar items inspired by Blue from the Pokémon RPGs will continue to be rewarded with Rank 10.
- The winning rewards and encounters with Pokémon rewards remain the same as in Season 3. As a reminder, the rewards for Pokémon encounters are as follows:
- Pidgeot from rank 1
- Galarian Zigzagoon from rank 4
- Galarian Farfetch would start from rank 7
- Ruffles from rank 8
- Scraggy from rank 9
- Pikachu Libre from rank 10
The end-of-season rewards are similar to those in Season 3, which include:
- Stardust from Rank 1 to Rank 3
- Stardust, TMs and a Raid Pass from Rank 4 to Rank 10
- When you reach Rank 10, you will receive a brand new avatar pose!
- If you finish Season Four at Rank 7 or higher, you will receive an Elite FastTM instead of an Elite ChargedTM.
POKEMON GO BATTLE LEAGUE SEASON 4 CHANGES
Many aspects of the Battle League change with each new season. First, the ranking will change. Trainers can reach Rank 2 by completing a certain number of battles and Rank 3 through 9 by winning a certain number of battles. The number of battles required has not been confirmed by Niantic.
To be ranked 10th, Trainers must have a rating of 3,000, similar to previous seasons of the Pokémon Go Battle League.
Lung, a charged bug-type attack is added Pokémon Go with the beginning of the 4th season. This attack reduces the opponent’s Pokémon’s attack and can only be learned from Masquerain and Galvantula.
By upgrading existing trains, Bug Buzz has a chance to decrease the opponent’s Pokémon’s defense, the Flame Charge does less damage but increases the user’s attack, and Signal Beam has a chance to increase the opponent’s Pokémon’s attack and defense reduce.
Vespiquen can learn Signal Beam at the beginning of season four.
Are you looking forward to participating in Season 4 of the Pokémon Go Battle League?