The Redmi 8A Dual in India used to receive the MIUI 11 update with Android 10, but a few days later Xiaomi has now started to release a new update for the Redmi 8A in China with the software version number MIUI 11 V18.104.22.168.PCPCNXM . The latest update for the Redmi 8A contains the new security patch for August 2020 and fixes all the bugs of the previous update. Note that this update is only available for users in the China Global Stable ROM
This is a stable build and not a beta. Therefore, we encourage users to update their device to this build as soon as possible. The update is based on Android 1
For changes, the update brings software optimization and promises a better user experience. Along with all the tweaks, it also improves the security and performance of the device while improving the software version. It also fixes many bugs that were reported in the previous build.
Changelog for Redmi 8A MIUI 11 V22.214.171.124.PCPCNXM with August security patch
- Updated Android security patch to August 2020. Increased system security.
As usual, users should make sure they back up their data before attempting the download. In addition, this update will not be available on all devices at the same time. If you have not received this update, just be patient. Alternatively, you can go to Settings to manually check for available updates.
REDMI 8A SPECIFICATIONS
In October last year, Xiaomi released the Redmi 8 / 8A mobile phone. The Redmi 8A comes with a 6.22-inch water drop screen. Corning’s fifth generation gorilla protective glass is also used. Under the hood, this smartphone has a Qualcomm Snapdragon 439 processor. A single 12-megapixel rear camera and an 8-megapixel front camera are used in the camera department. This smartphone also uses a built-in 5000 mAh battery that supports 18 W fast charging. This is probably the most attractive part of this device. If you want more power, choose the Redmi 8A. Other features of this device include USB Type-C interface, face unlock support, etc.
- 1520 × 720 pixels (6.22 inches) HD + 19: 9 2.5 D display made of curved glass with 70.8% NTSC color gamut, contrast ratio 15001, 270 PPI, Corning Gorilla Glass 5 protection
- Octa-Core (Quad 1.95 GHz Cortex A53 + Quad 1.45 GHz Cortex A53) Snapdragon 439 Mobile Platform with Adreno 505 GPU
- 2 GB / 3 GB LPDDR3-RAM with 32 GB eMMC 5.1 memory, expandable memory up to 512 GB with microSD
- Android 9.0 (Pie) with MIUI 10
- Dual SIM (nano + nano + microSD)
- 12MP rear camera with LED flash, Sony IMX363 sensor, 1.4 μm pixel size, f / 1.8 aperture, 6P lens, dual PD autofocus
- 8MP front camera with 1: 2.0 aperture and 1.12 µm pixel size
- Splashproof (P2i coating)
- 3.5mm audio jack, wireless FM radio
- Dimensions: 156.48 × 75.41 × 9.4 mm; Weight: 188 g
- Dual 4G VoLTE, WLAN 802.11 b / g / n, Bluetooth 4.2, GPS + GLONASS, USB Type C.
- 5000mAh (typical) battery with 18W fast charge
How many of you have started receiving the update for the Redmi 8A with the August Security Patch? Leave a comment below.