The Switch is about to host another retro-themed shmup Rangok heaven has been confirmed for Nintendo’s hybrid console.
Rangok Skies from indie publisher Digerati and developer Samurai Games would like to offer its players an “authentic old-school challenge” with gameplay that is inspired by DoDonPachi. Gunbird, and The strike in 1945.
It is slated to launch in Q42020 / Q1 202, but if you can’t wait that long, a playable demo is available on Steam today. The demo gives you an early look into the action and features three of the game’s four available characters, each with their own ship and attacks. Here̵
The war has started! Rangok heaven is a vertically scrolling arcade shooter inspired by classics such as DoDonPachi, Gunbird and Strikers 1945. Includes local 2 player co-op.
– – Choose your pilot: Four different characters, each with their own ship, weapons, bombs and story endings
– – Solo mode: Start with three lives and three more credits and try to beat the game!
– – Online ranking: Which ranking you stand on – Terminators, Masters, Heroes, or Babies – is determined by lives lost, continued use, and score
– – Auto-shoot accuracy: Hold fire to slow your ship down and allow more precise movements
– – Special weapons: For the targeted mass destruction of most enemies and bullets
– – Mega bombs: Wreak havoc by clearing the screen, perfect for tough situations
– – Collect mini items and rewards: Increase the firepower, recharge the mega bomb gauge and increase your score
– – Five intense phases: Each with their own enemies and a huge boss at the end of the level
– – Local co-op mode: Play with a friend and defeat Lord Rangok together
– –TATE mode (縦): Supports vertical rotation of your monitor for the full arcade experience
Do you like the look of this? Think it could have what it takes to make our list of the best shmups on Switch? Let us know in the comments.