قالب وردپرس درنا توس
Home / Innovative / T-Mobile and Sprint remain quiet at DACA as the merger agreement is reviewed

T-Mobile and Sprint remain quiet at DACA as the merger agreement is reviewed



Yesterday, over 100 executives, including many of the US's most influential tech companies, signed a letter urging congressional leaders to protect Dreamers. The coalition argued that losing the protection of the dreamer of the US economy would cost $ 350 billion in GDP and $ 90 billion in tax revenue.

"These are our friends, neighbors, and colleagues," the letter said, "and they should not have to wait for court cases to be decided to determine their fate, if Congress can act now."

The letter hit almost all the big names in the tech and telecom world, including AT & T boss Randall Stephenson and Verizon boss Hans Vestberg, as well as Jeff Bezos from Apple with, Google's Sundar Pichai and Mark Zuckerberg from Facebook.

However, two big companies were missing: T-Mobile and Sprint.

T-Mobile and Sprint did not respond to requests for comments, but their absence from the letter could have something to do with the planned merger of the two companies, which were announced in April and are currently being reviewed by the Department of Justice and the FCC. The $ 26 billion deal would reduce the pool of the nation's largest mobile operators to only three, provided none of the agencies blocked them as anticompetitive. Both John Legere, T-Mobile's CEO, and Sprint's CEO, Marcelo Claure, have been actively working with the Trump administration officials to approve the merger.

Theoretically, signing a letter of support should not affect these decisions, but should flee in the face of many of the President's most vocal guidelines. President Trump was an outspoken opponent of the Obama administration's "Deferred Action for Childhood Arrivals" (DACA) program, which allows children who have come illegally to the US to go to school and work in the country without citizenship become or fear deportation.

In 2015, Legere got a trick with Trump on Twitter and said he was not satisfied with the service at Trump Hotel in New York City. Trump pulled back and called T-Mobile service "terrible." Legere replied and said, "I'll leave your hotel immediately, if I think so. #checkingout. "All tweets that depreciated Trump have now been deleted from Legere's Twitter account.


Last week, the two telecoms companies stepped up their efforts by hiring former FCC Commissioner Mignon Clyburn to close the deal Legere also wrote a letter to current FCC chairman Ajit Pai, in which he pledged not to raise mobile prices for mobile phone prices three years after the merger was completed.

The merger is already facing significant opposition in Congress. On Tuesday, eight senior Democrats signed letters asking officials from the FCC and the Ministry of Justice to improve the deal, Senators from Sen. Cory Booker (D-NJ) to Sen. Amy Klobuchar (D-MN) argued that the proposed merger would increase wireless network prices and would have little impact on 5G deployment.

Casual and Other Leadership T-Mobile's employees have also turned to Trump's personal interests and booked at least 52 nights at Trump's hotel in DC for $ 2,246 per night, according to The Washington Post Legere and Claure is expected to attend tomorrow to testify before the House Energy and Trade Committee to answer lawmakers' questions about the proposed deal.


Source link