Of course, we've stored tons of albums, songs, and playlists in our libraries, and we'd like to transfer our careful curiosity to Spotify. I would imagine that you also want to do this.
Against this background, I've tested a number of apps that allow you to migrate your preferences and curated playlists from one streaming music service to another.
Before you get started, it's worth noting that none of these services transfer the songs you uploaded between the services. You adapt the songs that are available in one service to the other and add them to your library.
In this guide, we showed you how to switch from Apple Music or Google Play Music ̵
I recommend this service first because it's free and works really well, except for a few glitches.
- First, go to the Tune My Music Site . on your desktop.
- Then select the source music service (Apple Music or Google Play Music)
- If you selected Apple Music, you will be asked to sign in with your Apple ID.
- When you have done this, the site will pick up your library and you can select songs, artists, playlists, or albums to merge.
- Click the Merge button to start the synchronization. The site lists songs that were not found in the target service.
- Google Play Music prompts you to add a bookmarklet to your bookmarks bar. Go to the playlist you want to convert to Google Play Music and click on the bookmarklet.
- When you have done so, you will be redirected to the Tune My Music web site, where you can select the songs you want to transfer.
- Then select your destination and press Start Moving My Music to begin the transfer.
Stamp (Web, Android, iOS) – € 12.99 for bundled access to all three platforms
This is one of the proven services of moving your playlist from one service to another. It has a free level, but you can only transfer 10 songs in one session, so this is a shame. You need to spend some money to sync all your songs at once.
- Install the app for the – Desktop iOS or Android begin
- Log in to your source service (Google Play Music or Apple Music ).
- Select your destination (Spotify) and log in to the service.
- Select the playlists you want to transfer. (There is a playlist Library for Apple Music that contains all of your libraries.)
- Click Begin to start syncing.
It took about 25 minutes for Stamp's Android app to transfer all of my Apple Music playlists. I think that's reasonable, as it contains over 3,000 items.
SongShift (iOS) – Free to transfer a single album or playlist; 4 dollars for the transfer of all at once.
This is a well developed iOS app for transferring your songs, albums and playlists between two music streaming services. Use is free if you want to transfer an album, song or playlist at the same time. This is useful if you only have a handful of songs in your library.
- Select your target service and destination type (Existing Playlist, New Playlist, User Library).
- Click . 19659018] to begin the transmission.
This app can transfer songs quickly, and even keeps track of what you broadcast. I would definitely recommend this if you are an iPhone user.