Nintendo today released a surprising Nintendo Direct Mini presentation announcing a host of new games, new releases, and DLCs coming to the Nintendo Switch in 2020, including classics like XCOM 2 BioShock ] and Borderlands; a first look at the next Smash Bros. DLC character; more Star Wars ports; and more.
Here are the biggest announcements and news:
- Xenoblade Chronicles: Definitive Edition was released on May 29 and offers a new look at gameplay for the upcoming switch port.
- In a new puzzle game developed by Nintendo, Good Job! players plunge through an office complex in a visual style that resembles animated security signs. (It'll be launched today.)
- 2K Games is launching some of its most popular games on May 29, including the XCOM 2 Collection ( XCOM 2 and all his DLCs, including the expansion War of the Chosen of the Borderlands Legendary Collection ( Borderlands, Borderlands 2, and Borderlands: The Pre-Sequel ]) and all three BioShock games (available either separately or through the BioShock: The Collection package).
- The next DLC fighter for Super Smash Bros. Ultimate will be one of the fighters of Arms and will be available in June, but Nintendo has not said which Arms character Smash Bros. will join , but since Arms it is already a Nintendo fighting game The first party for the switch appears to be a natural choice.
- Burnout Paradise Remastered comes to the Nintendo Switch after launching on PS4, Xbox One and PC last year. It will be released later in 2020.
- There are other classic Star Wars ports: Star Wars Jedi Knights: Jedi Academy will be available on the switch from today, while Star Wars Episode I: Racer – the classic arcade and N64 podracing game – will be available on the switch later this year.
- Catherine: Full Body comes to the Switch on July 7th for a release on PlayStation 4 last year. The new port should help everyone who is disappointed that the English PS Vita port of the revised puzzle has been broken off by offering a new portable console to play with.
- We took another look at the upcoming Isle of Armor expansion for Pokémon Sword and Shield which showed how players can get the legendary Pokémon Kubfu and develop it into Urshifu . The extension is scheduled to be released in June.
- For those stuck at home looking for something new, Nintendo also announced several games, demos, and updates that are available for download today for gamers, including a new rhythm play mode for Ring Fit Adventure and the launch of Panzer Dragoon: Remake and Shinsekai: Into the Depths .