In contrast to most of its new competitors in the so-called streaming wars, Comcast's own NBCUniversal hopes for a free service in which advertisements against its library of shows such as The Office and Parks and Recreation, high-quality films, are switched off His studios andwhich contain a series of restarts (and restarts of restarts).
The details came during a two-hour presentation that revealed Peacock at the NBCUniversal headquarters at 30 Rockefeller Plaza in New York.
The plan forto be released on July 15th now includes:
- The Adventure Zone, a fantasy cartoon series featured on the Dungeons & Dragons podcast and the best-selling graphic novel Series based.
- Clean Slate with Laverne Cox as a transsexual woman who returns to Alabama after 17 years and reunites with her estranged father. It comes from the legendary producer Norman Lear.
- Expected to produce by Mindy Kaling that a single woman asks her gay best friend to be her sperm donor.
- Division One, a comedy-coming-of-age comedy about an outsider women's soccer team, produced by Amy Poehler.
- Hatching Twitter, based on Nick Bilton's bestseller.
- MacGruber, based on the Saturday Night Live cartoon character who made a film in 2010. Will Forte plays the leading role in this comedy series, writes and produces it.
- Girls5Eva produced by Tina Fey about a one-hit wonder girl group from the 90s that combined to form another shot at Star.
- The Capture, a drama thriller that ran on the BBC in the UK.
- Lady Parts a comedy about a Muslim punk band that aired on Channel 4 in the UK.
- Intelligence, a comedy with David Schwimmer about an outsider American intelligence agent and unfortunate British computer analyst.
- Code 404, a police comedy.
- Hitmen, a sitcom about inept assassins with Mel Giedroyc and Sue Perkins, known as the former moderators of The Great British Bake Off.
- A racing series by Dale Earnhardt Jr .
- A behind-the-scenes documentary series that accompanies US basketball superstars on their Olympic trip to Tokyo and was produced in collaboration with the NBA.
In addition, NBC announced further library titles that should be included in the streaming catalog. Peacock will stream popular Dick Wolfs Wolf Entertainment procedural shows, including Law and Order, Law and Order: SVU, Law and Order: Criminal Intent, Chicago Fire, and Chicago P.D. and Chicago Med. It will also stream the Paramount Network drama series Yellowstone as well as Two and a Half Men and The George Lopez Show.
Peacock will be the latest fighter in the so-called streaming wars, in which media giants and technology titans release a number of new streaming services for Netflix. In the case of Peacock, even traditional television stations and cable companies like Comcast are making huge efforts to cut cables
and streaming are the future of television. More than just skirmishes between mega-corporations, cable cut fights decide who shapes the future of television and how many services you have to pay to watch your favorite shows.
Peacock's previously announced catalog contains:
- Dr. Death based on the True Crime podcast with Jamie Dornan, Alec Baldwin and Christian Slater.
- A revival of Battlestar Galactica (itself a restart of the science fiction series of the 1970s) by Mr. Robot inventor Sam Esmail.
- Brave New World based on the dystopian novel by Aldous Huxley with Demi Moore and Alden Ehrenreich from Solo: A Star Wars Story.
- Angelyne a limited series by Emmy Rossum about a fictional, surgically improved LA pop culture icon.
- One of us is based on the best-selling young adult mystery thriller.
- Rutherford Falls with Ed Helms, who also shared the show with Mike Schur (show runner for The Good Place and co-creator of Parks and Recreation) and Sierra Teller Ornelas, who produced ABC's Splitting Up Together, created and NBC & # 39; s superstore.
- Straight Talk by Rashida Jones and Jada Pinkett Smit h.
- A Saved By the Bell restarted 30 Rocks Tracey Wigfield with original actors such as Elizabeth Berkley and Mario Lopez.
- The Punky Brewster restart with lead role Soleil Moon Frye as an adult version of the title character.
- A new season of APBio with Glenn Howerton and Patton Oswalt.
- A second film from the series Psych .
Original shows without a script
- Who Wrote That, a documentary by Lorne Michaels, in which he explored the famous people in front of and behind the camera.
- A stand-up special, comedy shorts and a new talk show by Kevin Hart and his LOL Network.
- A kids version of the Tonight Show .
- A weekly late night show with Amber Ruffin and executive by Seth Meyers.
- A spin-off from Bravo's The Real Housewives franchise.
- The Office
- Parks and Recreation
- 30 Rock
- Bates Motel
- Battlestar Gallactica
- Brooklyn Nine-Nine
- Chrisley Knows Best
- Covert Affairs
- Downton Abbey
- Frasier Loves  Friday Night Lights
- Keeping Up With the Kardashians
- King Of Queens
- Married … With Children
- Royal Pains [19659009SaturdayNightLive
- The True Housewives
- Two and a Half Men
- Top Che f
- Will & Grace  Films Universal and animation series for Peacock, and DreamWorks Animation (the studio behind Shrek, Kung Fu Panda and How to Train Your Dragon) will create the original animated content for Peacock as well.
Peacock's film library will include films from these studios as well as focus features, including:
- American Pie
- Knocked Up
- Meet the Parents
- Meet the Fockers
- A Schöne Geist  Back to the Future
- Brokeback Mountain
- Dallas Buyers Club
- Do The Right Thing
- Erin Brockovich
- ET The Extra Terrestrial
- Field of Dreams
- Jaw 19659009] Mamma Mia!
- The Breakfast Club
- Bourne Franchise
- Despicable Me Franchise
- Fast & Franchise Spanish Language Program
Peacock will tie to Telemundo to provide more than with the streaming service 3,000 hours of Telemundo's program to reach the Spanish audience. So far, the company has indicated that the original Dramedy Armas de Mujer, a new series by the makers of La Reina del Sur, and popular library titles include 100 Dias Para Volver, Betty in New York, El Barón and Preso No. 1. 19659006] Originally published January 16.
Update, January 17 : Further titles for Peacock are planned.