The Outer Worlds’ first DLC expansion, Peril on Gorgon, is now available for PC, PS4 and Xbox One. The Nintendo Switch version will be available some time later. This is the first part of a two-part expansion pass that will also contain “Murder on Eridanos” in early 2021.
The threat on Gorgon increases the cap to 33 and adds new perks and bugs, three new science weapons, and multiple armor sets. It also adds a whole new story mission set in a new setting, the Gorgon asteroid. The story revolves around a remote scientific facility investigating your spacer gang at the request of a mysterious benefactor.
To start Peril on Gorgon you must have completed the Radio Free Monarch main game quest. The DLC is recommended for players level 25 and up. Just hop on your ship and travel to another location. You will receive a message that the DLC quest will begin.
The outer worlds are included in Xbox Game Pass, but you will need to purchase the DLC even if you have the base game through your subscription. However, Game Pass subscribers get a small discount on the content. A tweet from the game̵
The DLC update came with a patch that contains various fixes. You can read the full patch notes below.
The Outer Worlds 1.4 patch notes
- Necessary files too The outer worlds, Danger to Gorgon was added.
- Fixed an issue where unique items would not be offered for sale if the player visited the seller before reaching a certain level
- Fixed: Electric fence states do not always persist when saving and loading
- Fixed a bug that caused the “Trust” benefit to be incorrect when using certain weapons
- Fixed a rare issue that could cause the game to lock softly when reactivating Devil’s Peak Station
- Fixed an issue where the Robophobia bug persisted even if there was no auto mechanic
- Fixed an issue that could cause the player to get caught up in an endless interview with certain auto mechanics
- Better messaging has been added to the vendor screen when the player does not have enough bits
- Better messages for memory compatibility added in Save Save menu
- Fixed an issue where Windows would incorrectly stay when the user disconnected a controller
- Fixed an occasional display issue on the reputation screen
- Fixed the controller mapping screen when the controls were set to “Lefty”.
- Fixed certain types of armor mods being incorrectly labeled on the workbench screen
- The quest screen backgrounds have been adjusted to make the text easier to read
- A description for the “Combat Only” reticle option has been added
- A typo in the description of the Steady Hand buff has been fixed
- Fixed an issue where entries might stop working after opening the ledger from the pause menu
GameSpot may receive a commission from retail offers.