Google has made Chromecast so user-friendly that virtually anyone with a smartphone, tablet or laptop can stream their favorite shows or movies on their TV in seconds – from From the setup to the selection of objects to be viewed, everything is as simple as possible.
But simple does not always mean fast. While starting a streaming service and choosing a show to watch does not take more than a few seconds, it takes some preparation to make things work when you first take your Chromecast out of the box ̵
Before you start setting up your shiny new Chromecast or Chromecast Ultra, make sure you have a decent Internet connection (at least 5 Mbps for HD, 20-25 Mbps for 4K) , and a smartphone with access to the Apple App Store or Google Play to download the Google Home application.
Ready? Let's go.
- Step 1: Unpack your Chromecast and make sure the Chromecast, micro USB to USB power cable, and wall adapter are inside.
- Step 2: Plug the micro USB cable into your Chromecast and plug the wide end of your Chromecast into an open HDMI port Your TV.
- Step 3: You need to connect the USB cable to power the Chromecast. If your TV has a USB power connector, connect it. If the connection works, a small LED should light up on your Chromecast. If it does not light up, remove the USB port, plug it into the USB charger, and plug the charger into the nearest outlet.
- If necessary, you can upgrade a to extend the range of your Chromecast to the nearest outlet.
- Step 4: Turn on your TV and switch to the appropriate HDMI source. Once you see the "Set me up" screen, you know you've made the correct input.
- Step 5: You can set up your Chromecast with your laptop by visiting chromecast.com/setup, or you can set it up with your tablet or smartphone by downloading Google's home app.
- Step 6: Once you've downloaded the app and accepted the Terms of Service in the Google Home application, tap Devices in the upper-right corner of the screen ,
- Step 7: After you've allowed the app to access your location, the Chromecast near you will appear on Google's homepage. After selecting your Chromecast, tap Setup, then tap Next.
- Step 8: After When the app connects to the Chromecast, tap Next.
- Step 9: Next, a code should appear on your phone and TV. If they match, tap "I see the code".
- Step 10: Choose a name for your Chromecast (hopefully something fun and smart), then tap "Further".
- Step 11: Set up your Chromecast to connect to your Wi-Fi Enter your password in the space provided.
Once your Chromecast connects to Wi-Fi, you're done Up. If the device was unable to connect, you may want to make sure your computer or mobile devices are compatible with your Chromecast. If you're still having trouble, visit the Chromecast Help Forum. Some phones, computers, and routers may require special instructions, depending on how old or new your software is. To personalize your Chromecast, you may want to sign in to your Google Account on the device. However, turn off e-mail notifications, unless you want to receive regular updates and updates to help you get the most out of your device. You will also receive a video with the Casting Instructions, which you can see below.
Read our Chromecast tips and tricks article to get the most out of your new streaming companion.