Updated: September 15, 2020, 8:21:21 PM
As technology enthusiasts around the world were preparing for the “Time Flies” event organized by Apple on Tuesday evening, Twitter introduced a new feature: a unique animation for likes on tweets with the hashtag #AppleEvent.
The Like button turns into a colorful heart when someone likes a tweet with the hashtag #AppleEvent. After multiple Twitter users posted about how it worked, many tweets with the hashtag to see the animation liked and even liked it again. However, this was limited to the Twitter app on Apple iOS devices.
This didn’t go down well with Android users who couldn’t see the animation on their devices. However, it is visible on desktops or laptops.
So if you use the hashtag #AppleEvent it will be done via the “Like” button. 🤔 @MacRumors pic.twitter.com/a5UmbW4Na5
– Joe Clark (@ joedclark92) September 15, 2020
People started sharing memes and jokes about this new feature:
* I tap the ❤️ button on # AppleEvent tweets to see the magical little animation. * pic.twitter.com/E1lhy12Sjr
– Vodafone UK (@VodafoneUK) September 15, 2020
#AppleEvent clicked the Like button on this tweet and this is how my heart feels when you show me so much love ❤️
– ARMAAN MALIK (@ ArmaanMalik22) September 15, 2020
That like button is so relaxing I can’t stop beating 😍 # AppleEvent pic.twitter.com/ikkYpOodBI
– Brown Boy (@hahaaHamas) September 15, 2020
I after clicking the like button #AppleEvent pic.twitter.com/HV0D0oXtcj
– Professor (@GoStudyMuzzamil) September 15, 2020
My dil goes Mmmm 💙💜❤️ # AppleEvent pic.twitter.com/QW7HmMmhUP
– Gujrati Chhokro (@pubgkadeewana) September 15, 2020
21 years old I like and don’t like tweets to watch apple animation 😌: pic.twitter.com/Sb6y2ydent
– 👑sι͏ᴠα 👑 (@sivatwtz) September 15, 2020
Apple users when they hit the like button and see the animation pic.twitter.com/FsrtNr9rhP
– Kathiana (@iconkathiana) September 15, 2020
I like every tweet on #AppleEvent just to see the animation pic.twitter.com/Lni33vr6tj
– Adrian (@crushauftyler) September 15, 2020
I: * like the # AppleEvent thing *
– More like Chiller.😌💨am I ri8 or w8 lads & lassies (@ schiller1010) September 15, 2020
#AppleEvent exists …
Gareeb Android users like me: pic.twitter.com/FYqFunbWcI
– s н ΞЯ ʟ ๏ c к 💛 (@QuirkyHumour) September 15, 2020
I am responding to not getting the same animation after trying # AppleEvent pic.twitter.com/CiY7lLF7LL 156th
– Aidan (@awizardharreh) September 15, 2020
A moment of silence for all Android users who can’t see a similar animation for the #AppleEvent pic.twitter.com/Fn9MoXBQzM
– आह्म ब्रह्मास्मि (@aahmm_brahmasmI) September 15, 2020
Everyone talks about like button
The retweet button is as follows: #AppleEvent pic.twitter.com/gV1934ieXB
– Subhajit Dey (@iamsubhajitdey) September 15, 2020
After realizing the #AppleEvent thing isn’t working for me and I can’t see the “sweet like” or wtv pic.twitter.com/shoooTHvFl
– Sanj bb // Diti stan✨ (@sedboihourss) September 15, 2020
Android users if they can’t see the similar animation #AppleEvent pic.twitter.com/RUda1kF9iI
– Abdur Rahman Khatri (@ arahman09) September 15, 2020
Android users who see this feature are like # AppleEvent pic.twitter.com/wZXXEC4HGi
– Sudhanshu (@whoshud) September 15, 2020
* Android users try to see the ‘Like animation’.
* In the meantime, IOS users: pic.twitter.com/DLVNdEybek
– Ankit (Blue Tick) (@Arre_Yaar_Ankit) September 15, 2020
iPhone Users: – Bro like Daba Ke Dekh Heart Kaise Pop-up Hoega.
Android user me: – pic.twitter.com/kIv1KqSn5t
– J. Rajpal (@certifiedhumour) September 15, 2020
Android niggas after discovering they’re the only ones who can’t see the like button animation 😂 # AppleEvent pic.twitter.com/ovKbN6sbmz
– Victor Kagarama (@VictorKagarama) September 15, 2020
This is the second major Apple event this year after WWDC 2020, which took place in June. The tech giant is expected to showcase a new iPad, a new Watch Series 6, a cheaper Apple Watch, AirTags, and a One Services bundle at the event.
📣 The Indian Express is on the telegram now. Click here to join our channel (@indianexpress) and stay up to date on the latest headlines
Download the Indian Express App for the latest trending news.
© IE Online Media Services Pvt Ltd.