Hello and welcome back to Equity, TechCrunch’s venture capital-focused podcast (now on Twitter!) Where we unpack the numbers behind the headlines.
The whole crew was back today, with Natasha, Danny and me, analyzing what was really a blast of news. Many startups are rising up. Many VCs are increasing. And shoot some unicorns to go public. There’s a lot to get through, but we’re here to catch up with you.
Here’s what we got into:
- A summary of the media: The Juggernaut raised $ 2 million in a round that we found cool and timely. News of a cash-raising media startup was coupled with rumors of email media darling Morning Brew̵
- A group of wellness startups raising capital: If you want to exercise your mind and body, it has been a good week of news for you. Calm is looking for new funds with a higher valuation. TechCrunch offers coverage here. Coa raised and added $ 3 million to his coffers for group mental health classes. And Playbook has collected $ 9.3 million for its fitness instructor platform.
- VCs have collected tickets: It’s a hot time for VCs to raise funds themselves. OpenView, Canaan, True Ventures, Lead Edge Capital, First Round and Khosla are either closing rounds or announcing new fundraising drives.
- Also on the VC beat: Terri Burns has been named an investment partner at GV.
- Finally, we looked at recent GetAround funding and turnaround history, which has broken us down into Airbnb’s own recreation. TechCrunch has more to offer here.
And so we have until Monday morning off. Chat soon and stay safe.
Equity goes down every Monday at 7:00 a.m. (local time) and Thursday afternoon as fast as we can get it out. So subscribe to us on Apple Podcasts, Covered, Spotify and all casts.